Wednesday 3 December 2008

Fat Orange Cat Inspires Me.

Ok if you read your blogs in Reader you may know about this, blogs that when you see they have posts you get a little excited. Sit up straight. Get ready for some serious, get off your butt and make something inspiration. You know the ones? Well for me right now it's all about Fat Orange Cat.
Look at some of these sewing projects. As if applique guitars wasn't enough, look at this vintage feel lining! (and hot model, I need some hot models for my stuff)
Then there is this adorable apron. With a star on it! Don't feel the guitars and stars? No fear, she's got tons of these, with tons of patterns, atomic looking ones, doggies, all sorts. :)
Then there is this bag. I LOVE this bag. It's so not big enough for me with all the crap I have to carry but I dream of some day not having to carry diapers and extra toys and snacks and so on and instead carrying this super perfect bag. (Karyn makes them in a bunch of colors)
Oh look! Chicken print inside! This actually DIRECTLY inspires me to make bags that are solid or muted on the outside then just go funky on the inside. This bag has also inspired the several yards of corduroy I currently own.
There is more! She makes baby bibs too. It's all darling just like these. I love the funky look. Swoon~~
Thanks Karyn for letting me share your blog and your work here.




5 comments:

Jo Austin said...

oooh great blog!

Loving the apron.. xx

Dawn said...

Wonderful creations - great to see!

Julie Allain said...

Oh I love these!!!

So glad to see these type of creations featured here WTG xx

Clare said...

Those bags look amazing! Thanks for sharing - love, Clare x

Clare said...

Those bags look amazing! Thanks for sharing - love, Clare x