Monday 21 February 2011

Something So Different Again

I see so many blogs, and am often very tempted to show them here, obviously, but I really do think hard about that "Inspirational" label... so I pass on until I find something even more amazing... Well, here is a blog I could not pass by - LeeAnn's Zentangling Fun. I recently found zentangling, and am totally hooked, but LeeAnn is a master as far as I am concerned. However, she would not agree because she is so modest. She was born in a rural western town in the United States, and always wanted to be a mum. Well now she IS a mother of 12 and grandmother of 5, soon to be 6. But most of all she is an artist, and zentangling has become her passion. Below, is a typical black and white piece, and she does many of these, as this is the traditional format.

This piece is so full and vibrant, free but controlled. LeeAnn has dabbled in many forms of art over the years , such as sculpting porcelain dolls, calligraphy and watercolours, and now several of her children have taken up art in different forms. She says it has just become part of their lives.



So many different tangles (patterns) to choose from... can you see the fish in this last one? All the patterns have names and if you are interested you should look it up to see how to make them all... So intricate, fine and beautiful. So immediate too, as you are supposed to draw straight away, with the pen, freehand and bold eh!!

 I love her black and white tangles, but it is her coloured work that knocks my socks off!! How about the next set???

This is a new tangle called artoo, and she has used it so imaginatively, when compared to some of us other tanglers!! My own efforts are so puny in comparison, tee hee...



The colouirong and shading give the patterns their depth and swirl, and as you can see, LeeAnn can do simple or complicated with ease - she would not say that however... She says "zentangling is a perfect place for me. It is relaxing and fun. It is actually fun to produce something you love when you doodle. I had been throwing my doodles away for years, they were not taken seriously... just a pastime. Now they are a form of art". Because she is a busy person, like the rest of us, she particularly likes it that she can spend a relatively short amount of time to be productive. She admits to being "a bit obsessed at the moment"!! 

 
She can be so realistic...



then have fun!! I just LOVE these ducks, don't you?? SO cute, but clever!! However, I think she should be a childrens' book illustrator when she can produce pictures like the following:

just so soft and loving...

 
 What a wonderful Hobbit house... I believe she did this for a grand-daughter, who did not like the first one she produced, but was happy with this one, apparently... I LOVE it and would put it in a frame on any one of my walls!!
 This ship blew my mind... I want to write the story that has this as it's main character... what a wonderfully vibrant image, so full of the wind and water that are the elements of it's soul!!!  And finally...

More fun... this octopus is a version of an official tangle called ixorus, and it is where I came into zentangling, about a fortnight ago (as I write this piece). I entered a competition with my rendition, and found this lady's work, and now I have shared a bit of her inspirational stuff with you. I really hope you take the time to go and have another look at her work. She says "so my encouragement to any of you who have enjoyed my work... pick up your pens and join zentangle land. You will find it to be relaxing and fun". Well, everyone, I truly believe she fully deserves the badge she can now have for being showcased here.... ENJOY!!

Love and Light
Frankie - DragonsWeb
xx

29 comments:

Mic said...

WOW....I zentangle but NOTHING like this! I love to do it in my spare moments. This makes me want to step it up a notch. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

cve said...

so fantastic beauty!!!

Paper Paradise said...

Wow these are amazing! Well worthy of a mention on your 'Inspirational' blog. x

sylvia said...

Awesome! They get two thumbs up from me :) thank you so much for sharing

Booklogged said...

My breath gets caught in my throat when I look at these. What a talented lady and I agree with you - she should be a book illustrator. I see money in her future...

χρυσάνθη said...

Πανέμορφα ! Φανταστικά!!!!!
Καλώς σας βρήκα!!!!!!!
Θα με βρείτε στο http://chrysanthisart.blogspot.com/
Kisses from Greece!!!!

Carole M. said...

I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger award :) please see my current blog post; you deserve it for your wonderfully inspiring blog

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Southern California

I am your newest follower.
I invite you to visit my blog
and follow me if you want to.

God bless you :-)

~Ron

TheWristbandit said...

This woman is very creative and expressive!

TheWristbandit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I love zentangle too. Your pieces are so gorgeous I'm excited of your different creations.
Hugs Anja

Anonymous said...

LOVE it !
& LOVE Ur BLOG!

visit mine :
www.agisense.blogspot.com

xoxo
Agy

Gez Butterworth said...

Amazing artwork & definately worthy of the inspirational title. Great find :)

KathyB said...

Wow, what a cool website! There are, evidently, countless ways to make visual art, and I'm delighted that you're sharing them. I've developed yet another way with tiny scraps of fabric. You are welcome to drop by. http://kbartdesigns.com

MonySavingEnthusiast said...

Thanks for sharing. The artwork is very pretty.

Pearl Maple said...

Just wow, zentangling looks like great fun, thanks for sharing the creative inspiration

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

I can see why you couldn't pass this blog without sharing! Her work is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Truly inspirational
Hugs Julie

Hannah said...

I really love your blog, but sometimes I just find it very obvious that my taste often differs from others. This zentangle is certainly not my cup of tee...I really don't se what is so fantastic about it. Having 12 children and beeing able to do artwork in ones spare time I do find pretty fantastic! Looking forward to seeing your next inpirational entry, but don't set the standard so high that only the most "special and far out" blogs qualify.

Clair Matthews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clair Matthews said...

Cool!!!..

VALENTINES

maddy hill said...

Awesome ! what beautiful colours and colouring .

Renee Hanlon said...

Congratulations!
You have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. Check out the post at - http://reneeschirpings.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html
Renee

anita01 said...

Werkelijk schitterend mooi....

Zit te genieten echte KUNST...

Warme groetjes,
Anita.

Clair Matthews said...

Are you not updating this site anymore?..This 'zentangling' post has been here for over 2 months??? It'll be a shame if you don't but please let us know either way.

Clair
x

fialka012 said...

❤ ✿ ❤

Magento Themes said...

wow... What a inspirational blog is this... I love this all collections. Especially the 3ducks and Hobbit house, ship and the motherhood love are really awesome. Thanks for this great blog.

Other Blogs said...

I love these!! Very cool :-)

Ash said...

I love the complexity of the form with some much left to the imagination. Thanks for the find.

designer pens box said...

leave a comment!