Thursday 30 December 2021

Ice Skates Die Cut Mini Shadow Box

  Happy Sunday crafty friends! 

Today is my day to share over on the scrapping cottage blog. SOOOOO, I created this fun winter themed mini shadow box using the Holiday Ice Skate Floral die set and the pierced circle die set.
I started by using this cute mini shadow box I picked up at the dollar store. I pulled off the helmet and then used some cardstock and a piece of patterned paper for the background.  I just cut them to size and adhered them right over the orange papered background.


I die cut out the two largest circles from the Circle Pierced set. I didn't have the right color blue cardstock, so I used my marker to color just the edges of the smaller one. I then cut out a 3" circle using some patterned paper for an additional layer. 

Here is a closer look at the assemble foliage. I started by cutting them all out in plain white cardstock. I then used my various markers to color them in. I layered the bow with an extra base piece and some foam tape in between the layers. For the flower I just curled the petals and put a flat back pearl for the center.

Here is a close up of the skates. I am trying to show you that I added some shimmery pearl chalk to them. The are super pretty in person. Here if you look closely you will see the shimmer on the right skate. The left skate doesn't have the shimmer yet.

Here is my assembled piece. Ready to go into the shadow box.



Here is another view of the finished piece. It will sit on my entrance table with the rest of my wintery décor for this wintery season.

The Dies I used to create this project:





STOP THE PRESSES!!!!
DID YOU SEE COTTAGE CUTZ ARE ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME!
HEAD OVER AND SPEND SOME OF THAT CASH FROM SANTA AND PICK UP SOME GREAT DIES AT UNBEATABLE PRICES!!!!


Well, that about covers it for today. Be sure to head over and pick up some great dies and some terrific prices. I know I did! So stay tuned for some more great projects! Until the next time, have a wonderfully crafty day!

No comments: