Saturday 11 April 2009

Willow & Paisley

Willow & Paisley, isn't that that a great blog name? Charlene "Char" Austin is one of my favorite paper crafters. She lives in Canada. I've been admiring her work for about a year. I love her clean and simple style, mixed with a romantic and shabby chic look. I'm always in awe of her work. Several of her cards have been published in Card and Paper Crafts magazines. She's on the Elzybells Design Team and features a weekly color challenge called the Loonie Stamper's Challenge.
Look at this first card. I commented on her blog that it screams "publish me!" The layers of lace along with the heart and the bling are just irresistible.
Edited to Add: I had to remove Charlene's card that I featured here because it's going to be published in the September issue of CARDS magazine. Sorry!
Here's her most recent work. Isn't that baby card just precious? I bought the "ABC123" EK Success paper punch today at Michael's just because I saw Char use it. I never do that!


I love cork and crocheted flowers! Look at this yummy creation. Beautiful!

I love the look of stitching (both real and faux) on cards. It adds such a great look. This card is another good example of Charlene's style.


I'm recently found the Chloe's Closet collection of items by Making Memories at my local store. Look at how Char used them in this card.

I hope you love her work as much as I do. Stop by her blog and say Hi. Have a great weekend, everyone!

4 comments:

Julie Allain said...

WOW Anthonette I agree.. stunning cards !!!

Dawn said...

Stunning cards - lovin' the lace!

Charlene Austin said...

Thanks ladies! And Anthonette---THANK YOU so much for the amazing sweet post you did to showcase my cards. I appreciate that so much!! Sorry that you had to remove the first card~~~I was thrilled that your prediciton for it to be published came true!!!

lilybets said...

Your cards are gorgeus!